Why do patients choose to invest in the appearance of their teeth? The teeth are often considered one of the most important physical aspects of a person, noticeable upon first contact.
Straight teeth have many benefits. These include:
- A reduced chance of gum disease: You can reduce the likelihood of gum disease by taking part in better cleaning and care of the teeth. Gum disease is more likely to occur in a mouth that has teeth issues than one that does not.
- Chewing more easily: When teeth are crooked or crowded, some will be more likely to take the brunt of the chewing than others, causing harmful damage in the mouth. A perfectly aligned bite is best, which can reduce any pain felt when eating as well.
- Easier cleaning: When a person has a straighter smile, they are able to better clean their teeth, making brushing and flossing easier. When teeth are difficult to clean, they are more apt to build up with decay, causing erosion and adverse growth over time.
- Improves the overall appearance of a smile: An appearance should never be considered the only part of a person, but for some, it can be. First impressions can be hard to break, especially when it comes to the teeth. Smile wider and easier knowing with treatment, your smile is the straightest and most even it can be. A straight smile has long been an indicator of youth as well.
- Speaking better: Crooked, crowded or wide gaps between teeth can make it difficult to speak clearly. Speech issues can cause people to feel even more self conscious, especially when caused by their own teeth.