If you’re an adult in the NYC area searching for the right kind of oral treatment, Upper Eastside Orthodontists can help.
Being fitted with braces as an adult isn’t as strange as some may think. Although many receive oral treatment for misalignment of the teeth, crowding or uneven spacing as children, braces are becoming more common for older patients. One in five U.S. adults are correcting their teeth with braces now, according to a recent study.
Orthodontic Treatments Available
If you’ve been thinking about getting braces, now may be the perfect time. There are many forms of treatment available at Upper Eastside Orthodontists including:
- AcceleDent Aura: Lightweight and comfortable, this form of treatment is a hands-free appliance used for only 20 minutes a day. Using SoftPulse Technology®, micropulses gently accelerates the movement of the teeth as guided by your orthodontics.
- Ceramic: A clear form of treatment, ceramic braces are great for those who want to make a change in their appearance without changing how they look day to day.
- iBraces: Also known as lingual braces, this form of treatment is worn on the inside of the teeth, and is 100 percent customizable for each patient.
- Invisalign: Using custom-made aligners, Invisalign gradually straightens the teeth over time. The aligners are changed out every two weeks and must be removed when eating, allowing wearers to eat what they want, unlike other forms of braces. Invisalign must be worn for 22 -23 hours a day.
- Metal: Silver in color, an archwire holds the bracket in place, which must then be periodically adjusted as the teeth move.
Learn more about our treatment options by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Tanya Vaysman today or visit our website.